Monday, February 22, 2010

It's all about the flowers

I thought I'd post a layout that I recently completed. I've been seeing alot of 'do-it-yourself' flowers on some of the blogs I've been following, so I thought I'd give it a whirl. This is for a class at my lss in the near future.

I chose to use one of Heidi Swapp's invisibility pages. I've had my eye on this one for ages, and finally decided how I was going to use it. I sponged two colors of ink all over the paper. Then I sprayed it with marshmallow glimmer mist (how I love that color!) Then I matted my picture.

As for the flowers, I created some with ribbon, paper, and felt. I used a variety of techniques. I'm sure you've noticed that there are some Prima flowers there too--they've all been altered in one way or another.



Yes, I do know that I need a new picture of myself. It's been ages since I've had one taken that I really like. It's on the to do list now.

Ta ta, Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment