Thursday, March 25, 2010

It's the weekend! Yay!

It's ssturday......thank goodness it finally arrived. I've been waiting all week for this....lol We're heading out to shop shortly, but I thought I'd post another card that I made.

I've been thinking about making birthday cards. It seems that I'm always short of them, so I made a couple. This is the first one. It's an easel card (don't you find those hard to photograph?). I used an Inkadinkado stamp for the cupcake, and embellished it with liquid applique. I love how that makes it look like real icing. I used stickles for the sparkles on the cupcake, and paper pieced the paper cupcake holder. The sentiment came from that same Inkadinkado set--I've had it for a while but I think it's still available. I used my spellbinders for the centre shapes, and some rhinestones to hold the card up in the standing position.

I haven't used this card yet, so it's in my stash, but it won't be long before it hits the mail!



Hope your day is as good as mine!

Janet

No comments:

Post a Comment