Sunday, May 23, 2010

Fairy Fun Friday Challenge

Don't you just love challenges? I sure do. I'm hooked on the Fairy Fun Friday Challenges over at the Prairie Fairy Fridays blog.

This weeks challenge is to make a tent card. You've got to check out the designer cards that are featured this week. Just awesome!




I made my card using the swirly cupcake image. I paper pieced the cupcake base and covered the top of the cupcake with stickles. I used my spellbinder corners for each corner--cutting and embossing them. I added rhinestones to the corner pieces as well.

I used silver elastic to hold the cupcake in the centre of the card, which was cut out again with the circle spellbinders. I also cut out the scalloped edging with another set of scalloped circle spellbinders. (Can you tell that spellbinders are one of my favorite toys?!)

The paper is cardstock and Kaisercraft. Lastly I added purple stickles on each scallop to embellish.

I hope you like it. I also wish all of you a happy, wonderful long weekend. The weather has been a little good and a little bad in my neck of the woods, but I'm enjoying it anyway.

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. this is so great! Love the colors & the paper piecing idea. thanks for coming out to play with the fairies again at FFF!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovin this Janet! Your dp is delish, and the cupcake looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janet, it's so awesome. Love the purple corners and your glitter, great job!

    ReplyDelete