Sunday, June 13, 2010

Waltzingmouse Stamps Challenge #2

Hello again! Here is my second card for the challenge over at Waltzingmouse Stamps.

I used the Afternoon Tea Stamp set that I recently purchased. I really like this set---and I think I'm going to have to start having tea parties so I can use these invitations!



Once again I used my stash of Rich Razzleberry paper from Stampin' Up. I used my paisley cuttlebug folder to dry emboss the pink strip down the centre of the card. Next I distressed it with Rich Razzleberry ink.

I used my new butterfly sizzix die that I got, also from Stampin' Up. I just love how it cuts out and embosses these butterflies! I adhered the with glue dots. Once I stamped the image, I embossed it with clear embossing powder.

Speaking of tea.....is anyone a tea lover like me? Since the new tea store opened in Brandon, I've become a big tea lover. We must have over 20 different flavors of tea in the cupboard. In fact, I had to clean out one of my cupboards so I could have space to store all my tins of tea. My favorite at the moment is Tiramisu. That replaced my love of Caramel Creme, with caramel syrup for sweetening. I di purchase a couple of new teas yesterday, but I haven't tried them yet. I'm looking forward to trying Cranberry Creme and the Huckleberry. Yumm!

Well, I'm off to color for the rest of the evening. Hope everyone had the sun today, as we did. I sure missed it, and really enjoyed being out in it.

Janet

5 comments:

  1. I love tea! My favorite is earl grey (or cream of earl grey), followed by candy cane lane (only at Christmas time can I find it though!). I really like the vanilla tea too :). I haven't tried that many new ones yet. I may have to check out that new store - I'll make sure to ask you next time I'm going to Bdn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, the colours are lovely, and the butterflys are a perfect touch. Pauline xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love tea - but coffee too! ;)
    Love the glitter on your tea pot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty colors on this! love the shimmer on the label and the lovely butterflies! thanks for playing with WMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janet this is just beautiful. So elegant, I love the glitter.
    For my cat card. I used prismacolour pencils only two warm grey light and dark. And pink for the ears. I blended it with blending stumps and baby oil, easy peasy!

    ReplyDelete