Friday, December 3, 2010

Red and Green



Here's another Sugar Nellie image called Little Bear. I fell in love with it as soon as I saw it and knew how appropriate it would be for Christmas cards in Manitoba.

I stamped him with momento ink and colored it with my copics. I used some Martha Stewart chunky glitter on the snow at the bottom. I used my cuttlebug snowflake folder for the background and cut out the image with my oval spellbinders. I free hand cut out the red background for the image.

I used flowers and leaves from Wild Orchid Crafts. I colored the pearls red and green with my copic markers as well. I used an EK punch on the inside bottom panel.

I hope you like it.

It's an easel card and here's another couple of views of it:





I'm entering this card in these challenges:

Play Date Cafe
Stamp Something
Paper Romance
Ink Impressions
Elephantastic Challenges

14 comments:

  1. what a cute card!! I love clean & simple cards :)

    Thanks for playing with us this week at Inky Impressions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely pretty!!!
    just love the colors and the flowers!!!
    I like so much the papers too!!!

    hugs, Albert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww love the image. Lovely easel card. Pretty border punch too. Love how it stands out with the red under. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! The simplicity is beautiful :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great easel card, I love how you've done the flowers with it, looks really pretty! I still have easel cards on my list of things to do! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH Janet this is stunning what a beautiful image! thanks for joining us at inky impressions. Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful easel card--love those polar bears! Beautiful:) Thanks so much for playing along and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable!! I love your easel style and sweet images!! Thanks for joining us at the Inky challenges!!HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautifull card ;) Thanks for joining the Inky Impressions Challenge and Paper Romance Challenge.
    hugs Ria

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable Easel card Janet, cute image! Thank you for joining us in our Inky Impressions Christmas Challenge, take careX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful card!! Lovely embossed background!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Inky Impression challenge.
    Hugs, Giò

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janet. This is such a lovely card. I love the clean look of it. I love the snowflake embossing and the polar bears are just too cute. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
    Hugs. Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh.. lovely!!

    Thanks for playing along with in the Inky Impressions Christmas challenge!!
    Sammi
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh, gorgeous!! Love the bears :D

    Thank you so much for joining us at Inky Impressions.

    ReplyDelete